Hiring a Responsible Cedar Shake or Wood Shake Roof Cleaner
Here at Sullivan Cedar Roof Cleaning, we often receive emails asking how people find a responsible and reputable cedar shake cleaner. Of course, there are several elements to look for and I’d like to address them here:
Two Kinds of Roof Cleaners
How can you be sure a company is reputable and responsible? First, I want to address something that is unique to wood shake cleaning. Plainly put, there are two types of roofing cleaners:
1. Roof cleaners who also will do wood roofs (usually utilizing the same invasive tools used on other roofs)
2. Cedar shake and wood shake roof cleaners who use a special cleaning process for wood
Your cleaner should be of the second type spraying your roof with nothing more pressurized than a garden hose. They will also never walk on your roof or use a power sprayer. Wood shake roofing is organically designed to withstand the elements, but it is not designed by nature to withstand the incredible power of a pressure washer.
What More to Look For
Of course, beyond making sure someone is using the right process, there are other things that you should look for in a wood roofing cleaner. The following is a short list of important items you should look for whenever hiring anyone to work on your property, especially on something as important as roofing:
- What’s their Better Business Bureau rating and reviews?
- How long have they been in business?
- What example photos do they have?
- Will any of their customers verify their service and quality?
- Is the company well-insured?
- Are they knowledgeable about wood roofs and their different components?
With regular maintenance, a cedar shake roof can last longer than most other roofing materials. Get to know your roofing cleaner and make sure they meet all the qualifications you require. Going to our website and clicking on the link for a roof cleaner in your area is a great place to start!